A native of Hollywood, Florida, Richard DeNapoli is passionate about law, estate planning, financial planning, real estate and the relationships he has formed through helping others in these areas.
In addition to being a Licensed Attorney, Realtor, Mortgage Broker and Notary, Richard has also been successful in obtaining his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® certification. He worked as a Trust and Investment Officer for five years at Northern Trust on a team with $1.8 Billion assets under management providing services to high net worth individuals.
Richard DeNapoli is a native of Hollywood, FL, and a graduate of the University of Miami School of Law (2008, LL.M., Estate Planning), Fordham Law School (2002, J.D.) and New York University (1999, B.A., Politics; B.A. Italian). He was the first person in his family to attend college. He is licensed to practice law in Florida and in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
In 2007, Richard DeNapoli was appointed as a Commissioner to the Florida Real Estate Commission (“FREC”), and subsequently reappointed when that term was up. Both of his appointments to the FREC were confirmed by the Florida Senate.
He was unanimously elected to serve as the Chairman of the Florida Real Estate Commission from 2010-2011, and he continues to serve on the Commission today. Richard also served as the Treasurer of the Broward Republican Party in 2010, and then as Chairman of the Broward County Republican Party through December of 2012. For more than 15 years, Richard has volunteered in various capacities for Republican candidates in New York and Florida.
Recently, Richard has been focusing on his professional career and on his family.
About Richard DeNapoli’s Professional Background:
- University of Miami School of Law (2008, LL.M., Estate Planning), 3.9 GPA
- Fordham Law School (2002, J.D.); served as Associate Editor of the Fordham International Law Journal; Public Service Award Recipient; Securities Arbitration Clinic
- New York University (1999, B.A., Politics; B.A. Italian), 3.89 GPA, PHI BETA KAPPA, MAGNA CUM LAUDE, Dean’s List (all semesters), Honors Scholar, NYU Merit Scholarship, Founder’s Day Award
- Licensed to practice law in Florida and in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® certificant
- Former Prosecutor (Assistant State Attorney, Ninth Judicial Circuit, Florida)
Richard DeNapoli’s Notable Achievements:
- Appeared on ABC News in 2000 as a law student discussing the Presidential recount
- Featured in the cover story of the July 2005 issue of Florida Trend Magazine, regarding real estate
- Broward County Bar Association Real Estate Section Vice Chairperson 2006
- Featured on ABC Nightly News in February 2007, regarding real estate
- Broward County Bar Association Real Estate Section Chairperson 2007
- Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Hollywood Class XXXI
- Appointed to the Florida Real Estate Commission in September 2007 and subsequently confirmed by the Florida Senate
- Realtor Association of Greater Fort Lauderdale Government Affairs Committeeman and Candidate Screening Committee member 2008
- Selected as a delegate to the 2008 Republican National Convention
- Elected unanimously as Vice-Chairman of the Florida Real Estate Commission in 2009
- Reappointed to the Florida Real Estate Commission in 2010 and subsequently confirmed by the Florida Senate
- Elected unanimously as Treasurer of the Republican Party of Broward County in May 2010
- Elected unanimously as Chairman of the Florida Real Estate Commission from 2010-2011
- Elected Chairman of the Republican Party of Broward County in December 2010, serving until December 2012. The total revenue raised for the Broward Republican Party during term was over $385,000.
- Elected to the Republican Party of Florida Executive Board in January 2011
- Appointed by Republican Party of Florida Chairman David Bitner to the Elections and Get Out the Vote Committee of the Republican Party of Florida in February 2011
- Gained additional early voting site for the Broward GOP in December 2011, and lead effort to remove deceased voters from the Broward voting rolls in May 2012
- Featured on CBS 4 and Fox News regarding removal of deceased voters from the rolls
- Selected as a delegate to the Republican National Convention, which took place in August 2012